Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm not a fan of trying something for a few days only to quit cold turkey!

I almost didn't post tonight. Today was completely uneventful. Evelyn's teeth were killing her so she was fussy per the norm over the last few days, but other than that today was calm. We woke, we napped, and put the kids to bed. In between we had meals, and played a lot.

I decided to post simply because I feared that if I missed today I'd miss tomorrow. That isn't quite what I had in mind for this blog. Also I think it would represent a certain level if disrespect for what I'm trying to accomplish. I am not working on denying myself willingly for myself. I'm doing it out of adoration and respect for Jesus Christ and what his sacrifice means in my life and my future. I can't imagine what this world would be if God had hung in there with us for a few days and then became complacent.

Since today was a good effort on my Lent, I'll just close my evening with a word of thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be alive, to share this life with my husband and our beautiful kids, and to have the chance to attempt to do all of this in a way that might be pleasing to the Lord. I'm thankful that as the challenges of this coming week expose my weaknesses, I can find comfort in knowing that I am already forgiven for my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment