Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My how the time does fly. Especially when you don't have time to blog.

Nine days later here I am. It is the first time that I have had true free time.

In the past nine days I have been to/done the following:

picked up the class guinea pig for a four day stay at our house
potty trained my toddler (This includes cleaning up TONS of messes. Even "duce-a-rooski" on my carpet)
been to the pediatrician and the emergency room
provided snacks for the preschool class
cleaned up more duce-a-rooski

I am exhausted. I can't imagine if I had kept a tab on how many times i "accidentally" raised my voice, but I can say it is less and less each day. Its amazing how actively pursuing a lifestyle change can happen through simple repetition. Or maybe its easier because I call my husband out when he raises his voice, so my natural competitive nature won't let me yell because I have to WIN! lol

I have seen positive changes in both myself, my marriage, and my relationship with my children in the past weeks. Abram seems to be more willing to please and obey the rules. Evelyn is her normal amazing self, but is taking a bottle now for the first time and seeming to love it. She is sleeping which must mean she is more secure feeling.

God has blessed me with the sunshine which is greatly helping me reduce the amount of television I watch.

I'm still not doing that great with the willingness to get up when I'm tired, but then again I knew it would be the doozy. One thing or another is bound to happen. Either I will learn or she will sleep. Sometimes I'd love to see God's playbook, but where is the fun in that, right?

I can say that the change in my willing attitude has seemingly made my husband much less worried about what I'm doing. There are dishes out today, but he hasn't seemed to notice. There is laundry, but its out of sight in the basket, and he hasn't mentioned it. We're enjoying things as a family. I guess I am a more integral part of our happiness as a family than I realized. Daddy brings home the bacon, but it only nourishes the body if momma cooks it. Is that a gem or what? I bet I could sell that on a poster in Pigeon Creek, Alabama. (If you're lost on Pigeon Creek *Can't ride two horses with one *** sugar bean* probably won't mean a thing to you.) Is it okay if I use stars instead of the curse since I can't say the curse? Makes me think of Walk the Line when Jerry Lee is talking about the forbidden fruit... "He said don't touch it. Don't think about touching it. Don't sing about thinkin' about touchin' it. Don't TOUCH IT." How will I ever get curse words out of my head when they are embedded in my very favorite all time movie lines??

I'm rambling. I know. All in all a fantastic week on the Lent front at my house. Funny that I fell off the blog wagon right after I posted about not falling off!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. . .LOVE IT!! Pretty sure we're on the same page about the movie quotes and cursing!! I get my Courtney "fix" this way. That way when we both don't have that minute or 45 minutes to talk, I can just read!

    ReplyDelete