Friday, March 5, 2010

On a day when it all came easily...

Today was a great day though it may not have seemed that way on paper. We are potty training. For most parents those are hard days peppered with small and large victories, but not usually considered "good" days. Those are the days imperative to get to a string of good diaper free days. For us it was a wonderful potty training day. Not a single underwear change from about 10a.m. on. I don't care who you are, that is exciting!

Another good part of my day was our sick appointment at the pediatrician. Yes I said "good" and "sick appointment" in the same sentence. My 2 year old has Croup and I was sent home with medicine for my baby girl because it is highly likely that she will get it also. I'm happy about the visit though because my sweet little boy when to the doctor in his underwear and didn't even bat an eye! He behaved amazingly for me and our awesome doctor. He was sweet and funny and loving all day long. Also Croup is easily fixed unlike all of the other possible issues his nasty cough could have been indicating.

I baked today. That is always a stress point because I usually make a huge mess and... Yes! You guessed it... leave it in the sink. I baked and didn't leave a single dirty dish!

My husband left me for about 3 hours with a teething baby and a potty training toddler and I found the time to play with both of my children never thinking of the other things I could have been doing, and I straightened up the house a bit.

Today God blessed me with a giving heart. I felt willing. I felt motivated. I hope I feel this way again tomorrow!

With no major fails today I guess now I need 20 more days like this one to make it a habit! Ha! I'm going to need to pray about it more I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment