Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday is for daydreams.

I have been exploring the idea of having designated days for organizing the themes that I tend to cover this blog. I've seen so many cute ones with titles like: "Not Me Monday" where the blogger discusses all of the things that she may have done better given more time to evaluate the situation, but puts a silly twist on it by refusing to own it while fessing up at the same time. Another is "Works for me Wednesday" where my friend Courtney discusses something she uses in her home and/or life in general that allows her to function more efficiently time, financial, and energy wise.

Last night I saw the new Julia Robers move Eat, Pray, Love. The details of the movie really hit home with me and opened up some doors that I had maybe closed out of guilt, but I'll touch on that on another day. One thing the movie did was reignite my desire to fully enjoy some of the wonderful simple blessings God has placed on this earth. I love to travel and see not only nature at its purest form, but I love to see gorgeous architecture. That could greatly explain my love affair with downtown Charleston. From the stone street every single inch of decorative molding that wraps the sitting porches, Charleston is absolutely a sight to behold.

This brings me to my first themed day of the week. "Simply Daydreaming Saturday". Every Saturday I will post a dream I have. A place I would like to visit or explore. Hopefully as my precious little children grow I will be able to make some if not all of those travel daydreams a reality. It will not be limited to travel as I will try to just explore all of the things I want to experience out of this one shot at the gift of life.

After seeing the movie I would LOVE to talk about Rome today, but I have a much closer dream that I'm going to try to experience.


I am always admiring runners. The simple ease of the casual looking stride they have as they pass me all the while getting healthier and using their physical bodies for something God built them to be able to do. I however run like a flat footed two ton gorilla.
My plan of attack is as follows: I am trying to walk 3.5 miles briskly at least 3 morning as week. I am getting up at 5:45 a.m. to do so and those of you who know me will know that is a big leap in and of itself. I have signed myself up on www.mapmyfitness.com and linked it to my facebook so I can track my progress. It is a great site that is simple to use. It allowed me to map out the route I walk in my neighborhood and gives me the distance, the calories I burn(for those of you looking to keep track of such things ;)), and the time I've spent exercising. I have also enlisted the help of a walking buddy to hold me accountable so I don't just turn off my alarm clock. Coincidentally my walking buddy is my children's pediatrician so I really can't just no show her. ha.
I am going to sign myself up to run in the race for the cure, ( http://www.komenlowcountry.org/)and even if I walk a bit, I am committed to doing it. I've decided this week that even if I cross the finish line last and lose my breakfast I'm doing it, and after that I'm going to keep going further. I dream of having a healthy fit body that actually IS fit instead of just looking it.

Simply Daydreaming Saturday #1 - become a runner. Run races. Use the healthy body I've been given! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment